Murran, led by Ngarrimili, is a hub for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander individuals to access and thrive within.
- Retail store (selling Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander owned products
- Gallery (selling and showcasing the amazing art of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander artists and creatives)
- Co-working space (with hot desking opportunities)
- Meeting rooms
- Conference rooms (that can be accessed by non-Indigenous partners, individuals and organisations)
- Events space & Workshops space
'Murran', meaning Eucalypt Leaf in Wadawurrung language was chosen as the name for this Business, Retail and Arts Hub in Geelong.
Eucalypt leaves, a welcome gift, smoked to cleanse, crushed, and boiled to heal. Wadawurrung people would wear Eucalypt on their bodies and men would place them on their spears as a sign of peace to come together with no harm, to gather in peace on Country. Eucalypt trees grow and prosper from the waters of Country, the nourishment that our Mother Country gives. Eucalypt are a connection to all Peoples living on or off Country.
Murran lies in the heart of Geelong and is a place for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community to access and thrive within. The objectives of Murran are;
- To provide employment and training opportunities for mob
- Nurture an environment for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander business owners (aspiring or established) to access and learn
- Inject many back into the Blak economy
- Host a number of workshops and events for the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community
- Provide the wider community with the opportunity to buy from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander businesses
To find out more information, visit the Murran website.